Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Paper #1 Revision Plan

Well, I already forgot to include an actual descriptive narrative in my paper (late nights…), thus the first task on my agenda is to compose that! I think I will write my narrative about my research mentorship, which I discuss in detail in relation to one of my artifacts, and place it in the middle of the paper. Once that is complete, I feel it would look cleaner to appendix my artifacts, which are currently within the paper. Based on the feedback from the peer review session today in class, I will slowly read and work through my paper. I will keep in mind things mentioned in peer review and issues that came across my mind as I read my paper aloud (which was actually quite helpful). Notably, I will likely find myself cutting down my paper since it is quite long by rephrasing sentences to portray my ideas in a more concise manner. Additionally, I am not quite satisfied with the flow of my paper – seems a bit choppy and jumpy – so I will have to work on creating more thorough transitions between topics and paragraphs. After I revise these larger aspects of the paper (rewording ideas, making it more concise, transitions, ect), and when I am satisfied with the overall content, ideas, and flow of the paper, I will read back through and look for grammatical and word choice changes. Once I have completed the finishing touches, I hope to find another peer who would be willing to read through the essay, providing me with yet another perspective on the product. After rhetorically analyzing an artifact from the paper that was due last week, I decided not to use that artifact in this paper (it did not fit well with the theme on which I decided), is this alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment