A. Before this class, I would have said that education takes place in a classroom or at home with homework. An adult would do the teaching and the child would do the learning. After the readings and reflecting on my own experiences, I say that education is communication and reflection and this allows both people communicating to learn something. Education can be formal or informal, in other words, education has happen anywhere at any time.
I am involved in Alpha Chi Sigma, a research lab, and the hospital. In Alpha Chi Sigma, I tutor, perform chemistry demos, do outreach activities, and help run the fraternity. I am always learning new things even when I am tutoring someone else. In the research lab, I fail and learn from these mistakes. At the hospital, I get to see new surgeries and learn how to care for this people.
I would like to do my study at something I have never been involved in. For example, I have not been in a religious class since I was 8. I would like to go to a religious class for a religion other than the Catholic religion (the religion I was raised in). I was also thinking of going to an art museum. I have only been in an art museum once.
B. Fieldworking is the process of listening, experiencing, talking, watching, and living in a place to learn about the culture. Ethnography is a description of a particular group and their culture.
C. Biases are a big problem in fieldwork. What are some ways you can reduce these biases?
No comments:
Post a Comment