Tuesday, November 15, 2011

plan


I analyzed my fieldwork note once again. I found out my original claim has not much to do with my field note. Therefore, I reworked my claim again and it turned out to totally different thing. My new claim: There is an issue about group forming between Chinese students and American students in the history class. Moreover, The group forming causes negative effect on communication between the two nationalities students.

I found 4 sources to use for my essay from the UW Madison online database. All of them are relate to the cultural boundary and communication. The first one is about a study of cultural discontinuities. There are three different types of cultural discontinuities, which are universal, primary and secondary. I am only going to use the concept of the primary and secondary discontinuities on my essay. I found out there are two type of Chinese students in class (active talking and quiet). The older students (who stayed in the U.S. longer and those who grow up in the U.S tend to be more active than the news) I believe it is not only because they master better English, but also they gathered more American culture. The other three sources are basically about cultural boundary. The first one is going to be primary.  
challenge: It is difficult to find out the source I want from the online database. I think using the right keyword is the most important on doing online research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment