Monday, November 14, 2011

For my ethnography, I am finished with all of my observations and have a plan/focus formatted into a rough claim. I'm going to focus my attention on five areas of learning, which will illustrate education's integral role in fitness. However, I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to include narrative detail in my paper. At this point, I was thinking of starting my paper with a description of one of my observation sites, which would transition into an area of learning that I observed at that location. By highlighting five different aspects of learning with respect to fitness, I believe that I will have enough information to effectively argue my claim, while reaching the ten page limit as well. Also, all of my sources are different than the ones discussed in class, but I may end up referencing some of these educational theories to compare/contrast the theories I have been researching.

Question: What is the most effective method of incorporating narrative description into an ethnography?

1 comment:

  1. Miles, I'm struggling with this a bit myself. Especially because this assignment involves the completion of research and I'm used to writing research papers in a very formal manner. I feel like the best method of including narrative involves discussing the layout of your field site / the individual's within that site and the feelings/thoughts provoked upon observing such things. Perhaps though, this would be a helpful topic to discuss in section tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete