My question/concern for the class is how are you guys balancing the amount of research with the amount of dialogue and description in your papers? What techniques are you trying to use to make sure the paper is cohesive and the two components (research vs detail) fit together cohesively?
Monday, November 14, 2011
Ethnography Planning
At this point in the planning process, I have a very rough outline of the flow of my paper, but I still need to work on transferring some of the details from my field notes into something that will start to look like what Ill include in my first draft. I'm struggling with this part because its very difficult to piece the narratives back together to how they sounded when I was observing. As for my overall claim, I am arguing that the UW Slow Food café serves as a platform for educating the campus community on the opportunities for local and sustainable eating habits. The café is able to accomplish this by allowing the food it serves to act as a catalyst for conversations and social interactions that lead to a more informal type of education. I think that the strongest point in my paper will be highlighting the various ways in which Slow Food informally educates its members. Eventually I want to tie everything in with Cronon's theory of "only connect".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment