At this point in my ethnography process I feel slightly unorganized. I have set up an outline, but still feel like things need to be added and switched around. After going through my information and looking at sources I may need to go back for an additional observation to make this writing long enough and more focused on my claim. My plan right now is to begin with some narrative describing my observations upon entering the childcare center and move into what the qualities are that people look for when searching for a program using a checklist and question sheet I found in a newsletter. From there I would like to move into the elements of social and formal education that can be identified within the program at Legacy Academy. I would also like to add a counter argument that would go against the positive aspects of the facility by talking about its downfalls and what can/should be improved in comparison to what the general public expects or wants for their children. To do this I have and article as well as a brief interview with a parent of a child that attends Legacy. Right now, I feel that I need more content. Although I haven’t really started writing I'm thinking it will be too short.
Hopefully a few narratives will give some length. For sources, use some from class and try using the family studies database.
ReplyDelete