So I was thinking about doing a couple of things from my early childhood. I would like to focus on my youth activities and maybe compare school educational experiences with some of the extracurricular learning experiences that I had outside of school. One thing that came to mind right away was focusing on the teaching styles from different groups that I have been a part of and then comparing them to Dewey, Cronon, the WI Idea, Youngs, etc. For example, I could compare the ways in which I was taught when I was in cub-scouts as compared to the ways that my fifth grade teacher (at relatively the same time period in my life) taught. Or, I could also talk about my learning experiences from youth group and how they differed from school and cub-scouts. Each of these used different styles of teaching, so I think I could make connections fairly easy to the articles that we have previously talked about in class.
For my artifacts, I could use report cards from the 5th grade, class projects, writing, assignments, or photos. I could use my cub-scout badges or some of the projects that we worked on for my artifacts. And for youth group, I could use pictures, books, or my confirmation verse as artifacts for that.
Anyone have any thoughts or advice??
I think comparing your learning experiences from your youth group with school and cub-scouts could give you a lot to write about. Maybe even too much to be able to analyze fully. I think sticking with just two of those ideas would enable you to go more in depth in your paper. I like your ideas overall though.
ReplyDelete