Sunday, September 25, 2011

Unit 1 Project Idea

For my unit one project, I was thinking of using my mom's teaching style. She has influenced my education in more ways than one and she continues to do so one a daily basis. I will draw on the emotional side of her teaching as opposed to the actual physical way she teaches. For my artifacts I would use pictures of my mom teaching the whole class plus her teaching individual students then tie them back into my explanation of how she influences my education. I will be able to tie in Dewey with his points on communication and Cronon's 10 points of a liberal education.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a very original idea. It takes a theoretical approach to the paper while also allowing you to make it personal. Do you think that maybe as an additional artifact, it would be good to use a worksheet or some sort of assignment that your mother has given to give a good example of her teaching style? Also, I think you could tie Friere into this paper as well, deciding if she uses the banking method or the problem posing method, or a combination of the two, or neither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's touching that your mom's teaching styles and influenced you and inspired you to such a great degree. I also feel it will be helpful to have your mom as a continual source of information while you're in the writing process.

    As far as your chosen artifacts, pictures are great! However could you also include some type of creative project your mom assigns her 4th graders? If so, you could also tie in Freire's article while discussing how it demonstrates "the problem-posing" method.

    ReplyDelete