Monday, September 26, 2011
Unit 1 Artifact Idea
I have been searching through some of my old assignments from elementary school, and I have noticed that in many of the open-ended assignments, I expressed a dislike for school, in particular homework. Most of the evidence points to homework as the reason. For example, I have an artifact from fourth grade titled, Someday, and it contains six pages, each with an illustration and a sentence beginning with the word “someday.” One of the pages states, “Someday I won’t have homework for a week,” and another states, “Someday my sister will beg me to do my homework.” I hope to use this and other artifacts to discover and explain why I really did not enjoy school, and suggest changes that could have possibly led to me actually enjoying school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It might be a good idea to look at scores of your homework and find out if it was a particular subject or type of assignment that you expressly disliked in elementary school. You could try to see if you could connect a few assignments to Freire, ones that may represent problem solving and ones that may have been the banking method. It would be interesting to see if you could find the grade level and type of assignment where you first started to see a change and figure out why, drawing from your experiences in higher grade levels.
ReplyDelete