Hi Everyone. By no later than 9 PM on Monday, 9/26, please post a paragraph discussing what educational artifact(s) you think you'll be using for your Unit #1 paper. Talk a little about why you've selected these artifacts and any questions you have for the class. If you're not sure what you're doing yet, talk it out here. You don't need to be all set yet; this post should help you think things out.
By no later than 10 AM on Tuesday, 9/27, please also comment on at least one of your classmate's ideas. Help other people in class to think out their ideas.
(And feel free to e-mail me if you want to talk ideas out with me, too.)
I don’t know what I exactly want to write yet. My situation is a little bit hard for me to find suitable artifacts because I was taught in different language, which is Chinese before college. Moreover, I have been experience in two different education systems. Along this, I think I could write about the path of how I learn my second language, English. When I was studying English in China, My English teacher use Chinese to teach English most of time in class. The only thing he taught me basically is only grammar and very basic sentence writing. Before graduated from high school, I applied to study abroad as exchange student in the U.S., compete with people whose native language is English in an enhance English writing class. I was not only having problem with English, but also I don’t get use to giving out opinions at the beginning. Having problem giving out opinion is one of my major weakness, I am still trying to work on it. About this project, I could also compare the difference between Chinese education and American education. Above are my thought, the next thing I am going to do is try to dig out valuable artifact I have and build up connection between my own education experience and those theories from the assignment reading.
ReplyDelete