Monday, September 26, 2011

Topic for Unit 1

I'm thinking that my artifacts should be the Frog & Toad book series and the Harry Potter series. Those were the first books that I enjoyed reading. I didn't like reading at first. In the first grade when we started to learn how to read, I was far behind the other students. I couldn't get the words through my head. Plus it was harder for me to read out loud. After a few months, I was making a little progress but I wasn't doing my reading homework at home. I wasn't interested enough to keep reading. Finally, my teachers and my parents gave me the Frog & Toad series to read. I loved them. I couldn't put them done even though I read as slow as a snail. After I finished that series, I didn't want to read anymore. It wasn't fun or interesting. Then, I read Harry Potter. I fell in love with these books. I have read all of them more than once. Since then, I have loved to read in my spare time. It is one of my favorite hobbies.

I'm not sure where I will go with this story but it is my most influential experience at a young age.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea. I actually thought about doing something related to reading myself. I'm interested in seeing this idea progress and how you pull from the articles we've read so far. Also, wouldn't it be cool if you had an example of something you struggled reading before you discovered Frog & Toad? that way you could put the texts side by side and compare them? I think that would be pretty interesting, but of course it might be impossible to locate those texts.

    ReplyDelete